We have no set date for grant applications. Once we have more information you will see it here or via our newsletter.
Our IVF grants are funded through donations from private and corporate sponsors. The majority of our money has been raised through the kind generosity of individuals fundraising on our behalf.
The number of grants we can award and the amount of each grant will vary each year based on the amount of money that we raise.
Typically our grants will be maximum of £3,000. You must be able to cover rest of the cost of treatment.
Who is eligible for a grant?
- Heterosexual couples, single women and same female and male couples
- Female must be 42 and under
- Couple to be UK citizens and ordinarily resident in the UK or have indefinite leave to remain, with no criminal record
- Couple to be co-habiting, with at least one half of the couple to be in full-time gainful employment at the time of application.
- Proof if funds to cover the rest of the treatment if needed including fertility medication costs
We will take all information provided into consideration when deciding whether or not an applicant will receive a grant.
What can IVF Grant go towards:
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) / ICSI
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET)
- Surrogacy costs
- IVF Grant funding does not cover medication costs or reversing or correcting other medical treatment you may have had.
We will accept women up the age of 42. However this will depend on the treatment and the clinic.
Grant money will be pay directly to the fertility clinic of the applicant. No monies will be directly distributed to grant recipient(s) or private parties.
All applicants must be citizen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. More information can be found in our frequently asked questions page here.
IVF Grant money must be used within 4 months.
Grant Application Process
To help us process your grant application you should make sure you have all the information needed as stated below.
If your application is incomplete or if you are missing the information requested then you would not be eligible for a grant.
Before making a grant application be advised of the following:
- Read through the pre-application questions ensuring you have all the information needed.
- Complete all the required fields in the online application form.
- There is a £10 non-refundable fee per application – Payable on completion of application
- All applications will be reviewed by our trustees.
- During the application process we may request further information.
- Two weeks after the closing date you will be notified via email all applicants of their status.
- We are unable to discuss the circumstances around why an individuals application was unsuccessful.
- A copy of the photo part of your passport – both applicants if applicable
- Bank statement last 3 months – both applicants if applicable
- P60 if working – both applicants if applicable
- Last 3 payslips if working – both applicants if applicable
- Proof of any benefits you may receive – both applicants if applicable
- Proof of funds to cover rest of the treatment, any tests you require and medication.
- Personal statement – both applicants if applicable
- Medical history including any relevant GP or clinic notes from any treatment you have had.
IVF Grant Application Process
July – September Grants open for 12 weeks
October – at the end of 12 weeks we review applications.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further information if necessary which may include a video call to discuss their application.
November – we will notify all applicants via email with the outcome of their application.
It should also be noted we cannot provide feedback on applications.
December – we will delete all application information from our database apart from your email address which you can un-subscribe if you wish.