Assistant Shop Manager - Waltham Cross
JOB TITLE: Assistant Shop Manager
HOURS: Part-Time (24 hours per week – 3 days)
LOCATION: The Fertility Foundation Waltham Cross Shop (you may be asked to work at other locations)
REPORTS TO: Shop Manager
To manage all aspects of a Charity shop. To ensure adequate and appropriate staffing, stock and systems are in place, to maximise shop sales and profits. This will be done in a manner which reflects the ethos of The Fertility Foundation.
1. To effectively manage the day to day running of the shop, with the aim of achieving optimum profit, by maximising sales, managing donations and stock, and controlling direct shop expenses.
2. To recruit, motivate and manage volunteers.
3. Communicate sales performance and guidance to the Volunteers, including key performance indicators and Gift aid.
4. To provide first class customer service at all times and deal with any concerns an effective and positive manner.
5. To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of The Fertility Foundation’s Service expectations.
6. To work within The Fertility Foundation’s policies and procedures at all times.
Scope of Role
1. To ensure the shop sales performance is maximised, actively seeking ways to improve the shop’s performance on a continuous basis.
2. To manage all aspects of stock collection and preparation; ensuring that stock processing levels are sufficient to achieve required shop floor density, encouraging stock donations at all times and ensuring the optimum use of stock sourced through donations, and other stock generation methods.
3. To actively engage in and implement local stock appeals in conjunction with the Shop manager
4. To demonstrate excellent customer service, internally and externally, always promoting good practice within the shop and providing guidance, feedback and coaching to the shop managers and volunteers as required.
5. To meet required performance standards and targets. Motivating, managing, and supporting shop managers and volunteers in the achievement of targets through a performance management process
6. To be responsible for cash handling, banking and associated administration, ensuring that all till operations are carried out in accordance with The Fertility Foundation policies and procedures.
7. To comply with The Fertility Foundation policies and procedures, particularly in relation to shop security and health and safety regulations, and the completion of general administration tasks to required deadlines.
8. To inform line manager or other appropriate manager of any concerns regarding non-compliance, in respect of The Fertility Foundation policies and procedures, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant review and appropriate modification.
1. Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and using performance feedback as a regular tool
2. Supporting The Fertility Foundation: Communicates to the managers and volunteers about how we can contribute to The Fertility Foundation business plans/ strategy
3. Taking Responsibility: Plan ahead and agrees and achieves SMART objectives
4. Problem solving: Supports the team to develop new ideas, find solutions for business challenges through improving and creating new ways of working
5. Customer Service: Acting as a role model for sales floor service
• Previous retail management at a supervisory level is desirable.
• A good understanding of rare or valuable items would be desirable.
• Experience of Gift aid and other charity related work is desirable.24