The Fertility Foundation – Volunteer Retail Assistant (Hoddesdon)
Posted: 10 August 2020
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview Date: TBC
Contract type: Fixed term
About the role
We are seeking to recruit Volunteer Retail Assistants in our Hoddesdon shop on a flexible fixed term contract.
The aim of this role is to assist the Shop Manager to maximise the income of the shop by ensuring the shop floor is fully stocked, properly merchandised and customers are served efficiently. You will be required to provide an excellent level of customer service and display you are a capable, reliable person to help support the opening of the shop.
You will be an ambassador of The Foundation; promoting who we are and what we do to the members of our local community and throughout the UK. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people who are struggling to conceive. The money raised will enable us to meet the growing needs of our community.
If you wish to apply, please complete an application form, accompanied by your CV. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
There are no essential skills required, anyone who has some spare time and would like to use it to benefit our charity can be a volunteer in one of our shops, volunteering is open to everybody!
The Fertility Foundation aims to continue being the leading patient charity across the UK in the provision of IVF funding and support network for those facing fertility challenges at all stages of their journey, providing authoritative information as well as practical and emotional support.
Around 1 in 7 couples today have trouble conceiving, which equates to 3.5 million people in the UK. The prospect of facing any kind of fertility problem is very distressing to live with and many people believe that no one else really understands. For many struggling to conceive being denied access to NHS funding means their hopes of starting a family can seem impossible. We aim to help them navigate this journey through introductions to our support network, assistance with dealing the CCG’s, working on their behalf with clinics and ultimately providing funding.
We understand the assistance needed on an individual’s journey is as unique as they are. We setup The Fertility Foundation based on our overwhelming desire to help as many people as we can to either start or extend their family.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a friendly team and being part of The Fertility Foundation family
- Satisfaction in knowing that through your commitment you are contributing to providing more opportunities for people who are wanting to start their families
- An opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the service and organisation.
- Comprehensive induction, training and support throughout your volunteering journey
- Opportunities to learn from other volunteers, staff and management
- Generous Staff discount
- Team and Individual incentive schemes
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the job description and personal specification below before applying.
Main activities and tasks involved (with support of the Shop Manager):
- To assist and serve customers, providing the highest standard
- To be involved in cash handling and till operation
- To assist the manager in ensuring both stock and cash security procedures are followed at all times
- Merchandising donated stock within the shop and shop windows
- To assist in keeping the shop and premises clean and tidy
- To promote the Health and Safety Policy
- Processing donations
- Gift aid sign ups
- Preparing donations to be sold on shop floor
There are no essential skills required, however there are desirable skills and abilities that will contribute to being a successful volunteer.
- Good understanding of the challenges facing those affected by difficulties in conceiving
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy working with the public
- Good organisational skills
- Keen to develop good customer care skills
- Security conscious
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in handling cash
- Keen to develop display & merchandising skill
- Treats everyone with dignity and respect
- Demonstrates a positive attitude