The Fertility Foundation – Volunteer Digital Communications Officer (Hoddesdon)
Posted: 10 August 2020
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview Date: TBC
Contract type: Fixed term
About the role
We are seeking to recruit a Digital Communications Officer to work remotely on a fixed term contract.
The aim of this role is to create and drive forward digital campaigns for The Fertility Foundation and to promote the opening of their new charity store in Hoddesdon. You’ll be leading and developing The Fertility Foundations website and digital communications strategy and will be able to embrace this great opportunity to really make this role your own.
In addition to first class digital copywriting and content creation skills, a large part of the role will involve creating and successfully delivering innovative and relevant web content and digital campaigns.
You will be an ambassador of The Foundation; promoting who we are and what we do to the members of our local community and throughout the UK. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people who are struggling to conceive.
If you wish to apply, please complete an application form, accompanied by your CV. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
The successful applicant will need to be dynamic, self-motivated, creative and positively committed to working in charity. You’ll need to have knowledge and be able to write for social media to help support this activity. It is also very important that you have a good understanding of the challenges facing those affected by difficulties in conceiving.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, a strategic thinker, have a highly proactive attitude, be able to create their own priorities and want to bring new ideas to the table and deliver them within tight deadlines to ensure The Fertility Foundation and the new charity store are promoted effectively.
The Fertility Foundation aims to continue being the leading patient charity across the UK in the provision of IVF funding and support network for those facing fertility challenges at all stages of their journey, providing authoritative information as well as practical and emotional support.
Around 1 in 7 couples today have trouble conceiving, which equates to 3.5 million people in the UK. The prospect of facing any kind of fertility problem is very distressing to live with and many people believe that no one else really understands. For many struggling to conceive being denied access to NHS funding means their hopes of starting a family can seem impossible. We aim to help them navigate this journey through introductions to our support network, assistance with dealing the CCG’s, working on their behalf with clinics and ultimately providing funding.
We understand the assistance needed on an individual’s journey is as unique as they are. We setup The Fertility Foundation based on our overwhelming desire to help as many people as we can to either start or extend their family.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a friendly team and being part of The Fertility Foundation family
- Satisfaction in knowing that through your commitment you are contributing to providing more opportunities for people who are wanting to start their families
- An opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the service and organisation
- Comprehensive induction, training and support throughout your volunteering journey
- Opportunities to learn from other volunteers, staff and management
- Generous Staff discount
- Individual incentive schemes
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the information below before applying.
Main activities and tasks involved (with support of the Management Team):
- Develop and implement a digital communication strategy for The Fertility Foundation that promotes the opening of the new store.
- Edit content on The Fertility Foundations website to ensure consistency with the new digital communication strategy.
- Review, refresh and optimise web pages for fundraising opportunities.
- Ensure internal and external communications are delivered to an excellent standard, in a timely manner and within budget. Work with the Management Team to ensure activity aligns with other channels and outputs that represent The Fertility Foundation.
- Use the web and social media to maximise impact of the promotion of the charity and the opening of the new store. This is with a consideration of best practice and current trends.
- Create and deliver innovative and relevant web content and digital campaigns.
- Manage any media requests and confidently build and develop effective relationships with the diverse range of partners and stakeholders this involves.
- Produce tailored reports, presentations and spreadsheets.
|Internal & External communications||Essential Experience of working effectively with the media and confidently providing verbal statements when requiredExperienced with the production of written content to tight deadlines Experienced in producing internal communicationsExcellent written and oral presentation skillsExcellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate/work effectively with a wide range of people in a participatory, respectful, collaborative manner|
|Income Generation||Essential Understanding of the need of generating income and accessing funding for a charitable organisation |
Desirable Some experience of income generation and fundraising
|Partnership Working||Essential Evidence of successfully building and developing sustained and effective relationships with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders, including key influencers in the press & media|
|Networking||Essential Confident in representing your organisation and presenting your cause clearly and articulately|
|Digital||Essential Experienced in digital content creation Experienced in how to maximise search engine optimisation and website performanceUnderstanding of website best practice and web build processExperience of managing social media accounts and knowledge of best practice and current trendsExperience of using email marketing platforms|
Desirable Experience of producing or editing video content Digital publishing experience using content management systems and website analytics (Google Analytics)
|Design||Essential Experience of designing infographics and posters|
Desirable Photoshop experience
|Strategic Planning||Essential Experience of developing and implementing a Digital Strategy|
DesirableExperience of developing and implementing a Brand Strategy
|Voluntary Sector||Essential Experience of working in the voluntary sector|
Desirable Good working knowledge of all relevant (and upcoming) legislation and codes of practice for the charity sector
|Fertility||Essential A good understanding of the challenges facing those affected by difficulties in conceiving|
|Organisational||Essential Sound organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work on own initiative, being self-motivated and able to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines|
|IT||Essential Able to use web and social media to maximise impact and reach in promotion of the charity and achieving its aims.Able to produce tailored reports, presentations and spreadsheets|
|Personal Values||Essential Enthusiastic, resilient with a determination to succeedEmpathy with, and a high level of commitment to, The Fertility Foundations purposeAble to convey personal credibility and authority|
|Qualifications||Essential Educated to A level standard or equivalent|
DesirableEducated to degree level