Social Media Volunteer
Role – a Social Media volunteer to promote, develop and maintain our online presence in
order to maximise our impact, to promote ourselves as widely as possible and help build our community.
Key Tasks convenient
- Help create and maintain a social media plan
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of The Fertility Foundation
- Keeping our social media channels updated on a frequent basis
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of UK and international stakeholders and diverse audience
- Develop and manage content for our website and social media, such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook & YouTube
- Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audiences
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward.
- Test content and review its impact.
- Keeping up to date with The Fertility Foundation events and news, and choosing
what to promote through our social media feeds
- Develop publicity materials and communication techniques to target communities
who are under-represented
- Visiting our projects and attend our events with a view to writing articles about them
on our blog
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media,
including electronic and social media
- To be able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the
ability to feedback accurately
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories
suitable for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised/remotely
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about Fertility and how it affects people
What support will you be given?
- A full induction
- Full training on all aspects of the role
- Regular updates from The Fertility Foundation
- On-going support with an allocated person from The Fertility Foundation
- Regular volunteer meetings
- Opportunities to become involved in other The Fertility Foundation activities
What are the benefits of being a Social Media Volunteer?
- Development of communication skills
- PR and marketing experience
- Social media development skills
- Data handling skills
- Free training relevant to the role will be provided
- Experience of working with health and social care organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of how health and social care services are planned
delivered and commissioned
- References to add to your CV
- Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills including on-going development and