Whether you have a few hours or days to spare, volunteering can be extremely rewarding. From learning new skills to meeting new people we are looking for people who have are fun motivated to learn some new skills.
Volunteer with The Fertility Foundation and meet new people, learn new skills and help raise funds for people needing IVF.
Main activities and tasks involved (with support of the Shop Manager):
- To assist and serve customers, providing the highest standard
- Serving customers at the till
- Merchandising donated stock within the shop and shop windows
- To assist in keeping the shop and premises clean and tidy
- Processing donations
- Gift aid sign ups
- Preparing donations to be sold on shop floor
There are no essential skills required, however there are desirable skills and abilities that will contribute to being a successful volunteer.
- Good understanding of the challenges facing those affected by difficulties in conceiving
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy working with the public
- Good organisational skills
- Keen to develop good customer care skills
- Security conscious
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in handling cash
- Keen to develop display & merchandising skill
- Treats everyone with dignity and respect
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a friendly team and being part of The Fertility Foundation family
- Satisfaction in knowing that through your commitment you are contributing to providing more opportunities for people who are wanting to start their families
- An opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the service and organisation.
- Comprehensive induction, training and support throughout your volunteering journey
- Opportunities to learn from other volunteers, staff and management
- Generous Staff discount
- Team and Individual incentive schemes
ABOUT THE FERTILITY FOUNDATION
The Fertility Foundation aims to continue being the leading patient charity across the UK in the provision of IVF funding and support network for those facing fertility challenges at all stages of their journey, providing authoritative information as well as practical and emotional support.
Around 1 in 7 couples today have trouble conceiving, which equates to 3.5 million people in the UK. The prospect of facing any kind of fertility problem is very distressing to live with and many people believe that no one else really understands. For many struggling to conceive being denied access to NHS funding means their hopes of starting a family can seem impossible. We aim to help them navigate this journey through introductions to our support network, assistance with dealing the CCG’s, working on their behalf with clinics and ultimately providing funding.
We understand the assistance needed on an individual’s journey is as unique as they are. We setup The Fertility Foundation based on our overwhelming desire to help as many people as we can to either start or extend their family.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the job description and personal specification below before applying.